Friday, August 22, 2008

Intro

So this is my new blog about the trials and tribulations of starting our family. I figured I'd give blogger a try and see if I actually post over here more than I do at LJ. I'd like to record these times, and have a place to record the kids when they get here.

We are already one cycle down and I'm disappointed, I had really hoped we'd be the miracle family that got it right on the first try. But alas it was not in the cards this time around.

For anyone happening along this blog, a little history. My partner is my best friend of more than 5 years and we have been through a lot together. We became a couple at the end of last year, it just took us that long to figure it out (although just about anyone who knows us saw it coming for a long time). Kids were always in the books for us anyway, either together or apart, so deciding to start a family right away wasn't a big deal, and its not like we're getting any younger. We have a wonderful donor who will be our children's father, but not a primary parent.

I am just so ready to start this new path in life, and hope we don't have to play the two week game for very long.

No comments: